- Who made this message?
- Why was it made?
- Who is the target audience?
- Who paid for this message?
- Is the message fact/informational, opinion, or something else?
- Who might benefit from this message?
- Who might be harmed by this message?
- What kinds of action might I take in response to this message?
- How credible is the message (and what makes you think that)?
- What ideas, values, information, and/or points of view are overt? Implied?
- What is left out of this message that might be important to know?
Put your evaluative skills to work! Let's take a look at a dietary craze. Have you heard of buttered coffee?
Buttered coffee consists of:
Buttered coffee, also referred to as Bulletproof ® Coffee after a brand name, is both popular and controversial in the health community.
Step 1: Watch the Why Are People Drinking Buttered Coffee informational video below to find out more.
Step 2: Then watch the other two videos in support of and against buttered coffee. Evaluate the claims of the videos using the "Questions to Ask."
Step 3: What do you think? Would you be taking up buttered coffee anytime soon?