- Read, watch, and listen to information from multiple sources.
- Don't take opinion and commentary at face value. Question assumptions.
- Check your biases. Ask yourself why you feel the way you feel.
- Be open to different and new perspectives.
- You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
How to spot bogus Internet claims. Source: FactCheck.org.
The term "post-truth" was the 2016 Word of the Year, as determined by Oxford Dictionaries. But what does "post-truth" mean? Watch this video to find out more: