Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library of Congress Call Numbers
P- Language and Literature
- P- Philology. Linguistics
- PA- Greek language and literature. Latin language and literature.
- PB- Modern languages. Celtic language
- PC- Romanic languages
- PD- Germanic languages. Scandinavian languages
- PE- English language
- PF-West Germanic languages
- PG- Slavic languages. Baltic languages. Albanian language
- PH- Uralic languages. Basque language
- PJ- Oriental languages and literature
- PK- Indo-Iranian languages and literatures
- PL- Languages and literatures of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania
- PM- Hyperborean, Indian, and artificial languages
- PN- Literature (General)
- PQ- French literature-Italian literature, Spanish literature- Portuguese literature
- PR- English literature
- PS- American literature
- PT- German literature-Dutch literature-Flemish literature since 1830-Afrikaans literature-Scandinavian literature-Old Norse literature: Old Icelandic and Old Norwegian-Modern Icelandic literature- Faroese literature- Danish literature-Norwegian literature- Swedish literature
- PZ- Fiction
Use the links below to search for books. If you need books not held at Scarborough Library, you may request Interlibrary loans.
- WorldCat Discovery - books at Scarborough Library and libraries worldwide, with interlibrary loan features built-in
- Google Books - newer books not always available in full-text, but still a good discovery tool
Literary Resource Center Plus
Literary Reference™ Center (LRC Plus) is a full-text database that combines information from major respected reference works, books, literary journals as well as original content from EBSCO Publishing. Literary Reference Center Plus contains everything in Literary Reference™ Center, plus the following: over 1,200 additional full-text literary reference books/works, over 200 additional full-text literary journals and magazines, 35 volumes of new contemporary literature titles from Salem Press, 40 full-text literary study guides and 72 literary videos.
MLA International Bibliography
Major index for books, articles and dissertations published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics.
Multidisciplinary full-text articles from scholarly journals. Narrow your search by Item Type and by Discipline before you enter your search terms in the search boxes.
Multidisciplinary full-text articles generally from the current 3 to 5 years. Click on Advanced Search at the top right.above the Content box. Then limit your search under Research Area by subject on the left hand side. Select any other limits before you enter your search terms in the search boxes.