Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library staff are committed to providing excellent services even during the current public health challenges. This page is designed to let our customers know what services are available right now and which services remain closed. We will continue to provide updates here and across our social media pages.
- Scarborough Library is currently open to Shepherd Faculty, Staff, and Students with swipe access only. Guests will not be allowed into the library. Please swipe an active Rambler Card at the 24 hour room entrance to enter the library. Community Borrowers are welcome to continue to use the Pick Up Service.
- Research Librarians are just a virtual chat away with Ask a Librarian - Chat Service, Facebook Messenger, calling the Research Desk 304-876-5420, or by Text a Librarian - 681-201-4TXT. All are available during these hours: Sun 3pm to 6pm, M-Th 9am to 6pm, F 9am to 3pm, Sat closed.
- Pick Up Service The library has instituted a process to allow faculty, staff, students, and community borrowers to check out books, DVDs, CDs, and audio-books during the COVID-19 pandemic. Patrons will request materials through the online catalog and pick up materials by appointment. To learn more, click on the Pick Up Service tab.
- Library staff cannot add money to your Rambler card during the fall semester. Money must be added online at the Rambler card webpage, or in-person at the Wellness Center.
- Patrons may return library materials in the outside book drop only. Due to COVID-19 concerns, do not bring them into the library. Any fines/fees will be waived once the materials are returned in good condition.
- Library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) cannot be browsed by patrons. You must determine (either by using the WorldCat Discovery online catalog or through the assistance of a Reference Librarian), the title of the item you wish to check out. A Public Services employee will retrieve the item for you and check it out to you.
- No food is allowed in the library or 24-Hour Room. Covered drinks are acceptable.
- Conference and Group Study Rooms are available on a limited, socially distanced basis. Most rooms will accommodate two people under the COVID-19 guidelines. The largest conference room will accommodate four people. Group study rooms are first come, first served and accommodate only two people. Conference rooms may be reserved through VEMS, by emailing email@example.com, or in-person at the Public Services desk.
- Archive Survey: Please fill out the COVID-19 Archive Survey. Learn more by clicking the Archive Survey tab.
- Social media pages remain active. All updates will be posted on social media and on this page.
- Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time!
The Library faculty participate as library liaisons with faculty and students to enhance learning, particularly through library instruction. The liaisons collaborate with faculty and students to share expertise for research and class projects, maintain departmental contact, and provide one-on-one academic assistance by phone or email.
- Liaison for College of Arts, Humanities, and Humanities
- Rachel Hally – Email
- Contemporary Art and Theater
- English and Modern Languages
- Liaison for College of Business and College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Laura Neal – Email
- Business Administration
- Economics and Finance
- Sociology, Criminology, and Criminal Justice
- Political Science, Global Studies, and Geography
- Social Work
- Liaison for College of Education and Professional Studies
- Rhonda Donaldson – EMail
- Health, Recreation, Sport, and Exercise Sciences (HPER)
- Liaison for College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Yanhong Wang – Email
- Computer Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Environmental and Physical Sciences
- Archives & Special Collections
The information can also be found here - https://www.shepherd.edu/library/library-liaison/
- Check in with your library liaison about your and your students’ information needs for the remainder of the semester.
- Patrons may return library materials in the outside book drop. Do not bring the books to the public services desk. Any fines/fees will be waived once the materials are returned in good condition.
304-876-5217 (M-F 8:00-4:30)
- Patrons may return library materials in the outside book drop. Do not bring items to the public services desk. Any fines/fees will be waived once the materials are returned in good condition.
304-876-5691 (M-F 8:00-4:30)