Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library staff are committed to providing excellent services even during the current public health challenges. This page is designed to let our customers know what services are available right now and which services remain closed. We will continue to provide updates here and across our social media pages.
- Scarborough Library is currently open. Masks must be worn inside the building.
- Research Librarians are just a virtual chat away with Ask a Librarian - Chat Service, Facebook Messenger, calling the Research Desk 304-876-5420, or by Text a Librarian - 681-201-4TXT. All are available during these hours: M-F 10am to 12pm, Sat/Sun closed.
- Pick Up Service The library has instituted a process to allow faculty, staff, students, and community borrowers to check out books, DVDs, CDs, and audio-books during the COVID-19 pandemic. Patrons will request materials through the online catalog and pick up materials by appointment. To learn more, click on the Pick Up Service tab.
- Library staff cannot add money to your Rambler card during the fall semester. Money must be added online at the Rambler card webpage, or in-person at the Wellness Center.
- Patrons may return library materials.
- No food is allowed in the library or 24-Hour Room. Covered drinks are acceptable.
- Conference and Group Study Rooms are available. For room capacity or how to reserve a room, please click here. All rooms may be reserved through VEMS, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or in-person at the Public Services desk.
The Library faculty participate as library liaisons with faculty and students to enhance learning, particularly through library instruction. The liaisons collaborate with faculty and students to share expertise for research and class projects, maintain departmental contact, and provide one-on-one academic assistance by phone or email.
- Liaison for College of Arts, Humanities, and Humanities
- Rachel Hally – Email
- Contemporary Art and Theater
- English and Modern Languages
- Liaison for College of Education and Professional Studies, and Business
- Rhonda Donaldson – EMail
- Health, Recreation, Sport, and Exercise Sciences (HPER)
- Liaison for College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Yanhong Wang – Email
- Computer Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Environmental and Physical Sciences
- Archives & Special Collections
The information can also be found here - https://www.shepherd.edu/library/library-liaison/
- Check in with your library liaison about your and your students’ information needs for the remainder of the semester.
- Patrons may return library materials in the outside book drop or inside at the Public Services Desk.
- Late fees apply
304-876-5691 (M-F 8:00-4:30)